EarthLink launches managed security monitoring service
Managed network and cloud solutions provider EarthLink Holdings Corp. has unveiled a new Managed Security Monitoring Service designed to actively monitor customers' network, servers, routers, point of sale (POS) devices, laptops and desktops to detect security events before they turn into disruptive and costly data breaches.
"With our 20-year track record protecting customers, we've built a truly comprehensive managed security practice, with experts who stay ahead of the ever-shifting landscape," said Peter Chronis, EarthLink chief security officer, in a company press release. "With all eyes on IT leaders to deploy the right solution, EarthLink offers one of the most comprehensive managed security monitoring services on the market today, designed to detect threats across the entire IT ecosystem."
EarthLink's Security Operations Center collects and analyzes log data from POS devices, routers, servers, laptops and desktops, identifying suspicious security activities. Proactive vulnerability management, identification and remediation services offer additional protection to reduce threats that compromise business applications and customer data.
Managed Security Monitoring includes:
- Security tools using advanced threat detection and event correlation techniques designed to detect malicious network and systems activity
- Security operations center staff skilled in incident response, security event detection and threat containment
- Threat detection capabilities designed to evaluate malicious activity across the entire ecosystem including POS endpoints, routers, authentication servers, network devices, security devices, firewalls and customer applications
- Monitoring processes and procedures that meet HIPAA, PCI, SOX and GLBA requirements
- Flexible web-based reporting via the myLink customer portal includes trouble ticket and security event tracking as well as remediation details