Tijuana Flats gets 'turnt up'
The Tijuana Flats opening today in Orlando, Florida, is the first of the brand's units with an updated format, according to a company press release. The menu at the unit, known as "Tijuana Flats Turnt Up," will feature the following:
- A variety of new craft beers and sodas.
- Seasonal flavored lemonade (currently, Habanero Lemonade).
- Grab-n-Go items, such as salsa, guacamole and queso.
Design and decor features at the 2,448-square-foot unit include:
- Wall finishes including patina metal surfaces and pre-finished wood.
- New furniture package with butcher block tables, banquette seating and booths.
- Sealed concrete flooring.
- Large patio with comfortable picnic table seating.
Located at 4693 Gardens Park Blvd., the restaurant hired nearly 50 team members, CEO Larry Ryback, said in the release.
"Our team is proud of the creative elements and attention to detail put into this restaurant," he said. "We anticipate the final product is going to evoke excitement among our current guests and new patrons alike."
Additionally, the location will feature energy-efficient equipment and environmentally friendly processes to include:
- Menus on recycled paper.
- Energy-efficient LED Lighting with an average life of 50K hours.
- Environmentally friendly Energy Star-rated tankless water heaters.
- Water-saving toilets that meet the EPA WaterSense criteria.
- Ceiling tile made with up to 55 percent recycled content.
- Zero VOC paint, certified Greenguard Gold for low chemical emissions.
- Low-flow, water-conserving faucets that meet the EPA WaterSense criteria.
- Floor tile made with post- and pre-consumer recycled materials.
- E Solutions, energy efficient, eco-conscious walk-in cooler condensers.
- Energy Star-rated steamer.
- Occupancy sensors and time clocks are used to conserve energy throughout the restaurant
- Water-saving pre-rinse unit.
Over the next few months, Tijuana Flats will open locations in Champions Gate, Celebration and St. Augustine, Florida.
Photo provided by Tijuana Flats.
Topics: Franchising & Growth