Protein Bar, Taziki’s, Wahlburgers recognized for creating buzz
The National Restaurant Association’s Marketing Executives Group announced the winners of its inaugural Buzzed About Brands award, including The Protein Bar, Taziki’s Mediterranean Café and Wahlburgers.
According to a news release, these brands were selected for their innovative and inspiring approach in creating a buzz among consumers.
Analisa Terenzio, director of sales and marketing for The Protein Bar, said her company has established itself as a leader in “simple, fast and delicious healthy fare for those on the go.”
Jim Keet, CEO and president of Taziki's Mediterranean Café, said that what sets his brand apart is its authenticity. And Rick Vanzura, CEO of Wahlburgers, told the audience how his brand’s celebrity cache is secondary to the quality of its menu and hybrid setting with one side offering full service and the other offering quick service.
Buzzed About Brands will be an annual recognition that takes place at MEG’s spring conference in Chicago. According to the release, in order to be considered, a restaurant brand must meet some or all of the following criteria:
- Connect with consumers by generating excitement garnering the attention of the Industry via traditional and/or social media;
- Teach us to crack new avenues for generating business or find new ways to win the attention of private equity firms and other financing sources;
- Inspire their restaurant peers with their programs, exposure or success;
- Challenge restaurateurs to developing creative programs by thinking outside the box;
- Elevate the level of excellence in restaurant marketing;
- Be willing to share their brand story to the attendees at the annual MEG Spring Conference with a 10-15 minute presentation with Q&A.