BurgerFi opens 1st airport location
BurgerFi, last week, opened its first airport location. Partnering with HMSHost, the brand is now operating at Terminal 1, Concourse A at the Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
"As we continue to expand our non-traditional sites, we are honored to be a part of such an innovative gate area and join HMSHost’s fleeting network of over 120 global airports and 99 motorways throughout the nation," Corey Winograd, CEO of BurgerFi, said in a company press release.
The standalone restaurant has a seating capacity for approximately 60 patrons inside the dining room. The space also features various eco-friendly elements including:
- Picnic and four-top tables made from over 700,000 up-cycled milk jugs.
- Industrial-style chairs with select red chairs made of 111 up-cycled Coca-Cola bottles.
- Wood panel walls made from the most renewable timber available — No. 2 Southern pine lumber.
- 100-percent recycled paper counter-tops.
- 100-percent energy-efficient LED lighting.
The Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport location serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
BurgerFi plans to open more than 20 restaurants this year, primarily through franchise development, and is targeting Virginia, Washington D.C., North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia and New York for domestic expansion, according to the release.
Topics: Franchising & Growth