Quiznos announced its 2012 franchise award winners at its recent franchise convention in Las Vegas. Quiznos assesses performance among franchisees in a variety of categories including sales, marketing leadership and operational excellence.
The "U.S. Franchise Owner of the Year" was awarded to Tina Berquist of Centralia, Wash. Berquist purchased a Quiznos franchise in 2007, and has since realized significant growth in sales as a result of her strategic implementation of Quiznos' delivery service and an emphasis on marketing. Quiznos also honored Berquist for her extensive service and involvement with sponsorships and donations to community causes.
QSR International, a multi-brand master franchise system operating in 13 countries, was named "Master Franchise Group of the Year." QSR International operates 85 Quiznos restaurants, with an additional 22 restaurants under development.
"In addition to consistently providing our customers with high quality food in a clean, inviting environment, these award-winning franchisees are role models to Quiznos franchisees around the globe," said Greg MacDonald, Quiznos president and CEO. "It is a pleasure to recognize their hard work and dedication to the Quiznos brand."
Additional Quiznos franchisees honored at the convention include:
- Canadian Franchise Owner of the Year: Dave Gill, Surry, B.C.;
- U.S. Nontraditional Partner of the Year: Hess Express;
- U.S. Grand Opening: Jackie and Mark Taylor, Fairview Heights, Ill.;
- U.S. Local Store Marketing: Stan Sockwell, Muscle Shoals, Ala.;
- Highest Sales: Yeon Chol Im, New York City; and
- U.S. Highest Qway (Operational Standards: Mohammad Mirzaee, Laguna Niguel, Calif.; William Clement, California, Pa.; and Cheryl Hockenberry, Jackson, Mich.
Convention attendees included Quiznos franchisees from the Bahamas, Brazil, Costa Rica, England, Iceland, India, Paraguay, Philippines, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and the U.S.
Read more franchising news.