Jan. 17, 2013
Market research firm Technomic Inc. has presented its inaugural Chain Restaurant Consumers' Choice Award winners. Selected by consumers, the winners were recognized this week at the Consumer Trends & Directions Conference in Newport Beach, Calif.
As part of its Consumer Restaurant Brand Metrics program, Technomic asked consumers to rate 115 leading restaurant chains on more than 60 different attributes, from quality of the food to the overall brand reputation. The ongoing study records 80,000 consumer visits annually.
Based on analysis of consumer ratings in four key areas — food and beverage, service, atmosphere and brand image — Technomic has named the following brands as this year's Consumers' Choice Winners:
- Service: Chick-fil-A
- Food & Beverage: Culver's
- Atmosphere: Caribou Coffee
- Brand Image: Jamba Juice
- Service: Firehouse Subs
- Food & Beverage: McAlister's Deli
- Atmosphere: Panera Bread Co.
- Brand Image: Qdoba Mexican Grill
- Service: Outback Steakhouse
- Food & Beverage: Cracker Barrel
- Atmosphere: LongHorn Steakhouse
- Brand Image: Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
"Technomic is pleased to recognize these leading chains for their success at satisfying customers," said Darren Tristano, Technomic executive vice president. "But it's important to point out that it's the consumers who rated the chains and selected the winners."
Read more about trends and reports.