Jamba Juice Company hasannounced the launch of a store format and design initiative that will transform the store layout and design across the entire concept platform. The new design is created to reflect a healthy, active lifestyle embodied by the Jamba brand.
New formats include limited menu Smoothie Stations, drive-throughs and juice bars at Jamba stores. Additionally, Jamba will refresh and redesign existing stores over the next four years.
"Jamba seeks to provide innovative, compelling formats that address the diverse desires of our customers around the globe," said James D. White, chairman, president and CEO, Jamba Juice Company. "The addition of new formats and concepts to our current roster traditional and non-traditional formats will help deliver experiences that maintain our industry leadership and differentiation. We want to give our customers environments that engage and inspire their pursuit of an active and healthy lifestyle."
Both new and refreshed and remodeled stores will reflect contemporary modular design elements, including:
- Options for an open layout from restaurant through the kitchen improving throughput and operations;
- Use of more natural and environmentally-friendly building materials;
- Brighter lighting, updated graphics, vivid and bold colors; and
- Options for a variety of seating areas based on store footprint.
Jamba piloted limited menu, smaller format Smoothie Stations, and the expanded juice bar concept in California during 2012. Additional significant expansion for both concepts is planned for 2013, starting in California and New York. At the same time, the company is investing capital throughout the next four years in the refresh and redesign of existing stores.
The store design and remodel program supports the company's strategic growth initiative enabling expansion of the brand in new locations where traditional stores may not be practical or appropriate. In 2013, Jamba plans to:
- Open 60 to 80 new units globally;
- Add up to 1,000 JambaGO locations;
- Add up to 100 limited menu Smoothie Stations; and
- Refresh 75 to 100 stores.
Read more about restaurant design and layout.