Boston Market today announced the launch of its new "Holiday Hub" website, which offers tips on hosting celebrations, recipes by Chef Rick Rodgers and event planning advice.
The site's features include:
- Food: Boston Market partnered with Chef Rodgers, a culinary instructor and cookbook author, to develop recipes incorporating signature rotisserie chicken and home-style sides from the chain. Examples include Sweet Potato Cheesecake, Spinach-Stuffed Portobello mushrooms and Mashed Potatoes Five Ways.
- Tips: Chef Rodgers and Boston Market have compiled tips to plan and enjoy the holiday season, including "Keeping Things Hot," "Turkey Carving Smarts" and "Gravy Greatness."
- Planning: An event planning guide allows visitors to submit their headcount, timing and party type to receive tips for their upcoming gathering, print a checklist and find party themes.
- Gift Cards: Guests can now customize Boston Market e-gift cards with holiday themes, text greetings or audio messages.
Boston Market will be open on Thanksgiving Day. Guests who dine in can enjoy a complete holiday meal, or they can pick up a la Carte items for carry-out. A limited menu will be offered in all restaurants.
The company experiences a spike in sales and catering orders from October to January. For example, last holiday season, Boston Market served more than 1 million pounds of turkey, 2.6 million pounds of mashed potatoes, 639,000 pounds of stuffing and 180,000 gallons of gravy.
"We serve home style meals every day, and we know the value that comfort food has this time of year," said Sara Bittorf, chief grand officer, Boston Market. "During our busiest period, we focus on offering guests tips, recipes and food they can feel good about so they can spend more time with the people who matter. From our Holiday Hub website to our heat-and-serve, catering and dine-in options on Thanksgiving Day, our goal is to make sure our guests' holidays go off without a hitch."
Boston Market's holiday meal options include:
- Heat & Serve Holiday Banquets: Boston Market handles the cooking and seasoning, while hosts need only to heat and serve.
- Hot & Ready Catered Buffets: Boston Market will take care of every detail.
- Á la Carte: Boston Market restaurants are a resource for partygoers and hosts.
- Thanksgiving Day Meal: All Boston Market stores will be open on Thanksgiving Day (hours vary by location) and offer the Thanksgiving Day Meal, which features roasted turkey breast with two home style sides, freshly baked cornbread and a slice of apple or pumpkin pie for $10.99.
Catering orders for Thanksgiving Day will be accepted until 8 p.m. EST on Nov. 21.
Also, Boston Market is once again selling coupon books — featuring total savings of up to $34 — in all restaurants. Proceeds from the coupon book will be donated to Give Kids The World Village, with a guaranteed minimum donation of $500,000 to the non-profit, "storybook" resort that provides weeklong, cost-free vacations to families with children facing life-threatening illnesses from around the world. The coupon books will be sold until Dec. 31 or while supplies last. Since 2008, Boston Market has donated more than $3.5 million to Give Kids the World through the sale of the coupon books.
Read more about marketing and promotions.